Monday, December 10, 2012

Bonus Time!

Our school district declared a 2 hour late start due to the weekend's snowfall!!!!
Wahoo!!! Being a teacher, that means I have just gained extra time at home!!!  I was already dressed and ready to head out the door when my daughter texted me (from downstairs) asking me to take off my boots.  They were too loud.  Just to bug her a little I did a tap dance.  Then she texted me to say she was still sleeping because it was a late start.  OOPS!

One reading and eating a candy cane at 7a.m....


One watching TV...
And one in bed - never disturb a teenager who is sleeping!

So now what should I do?  I am tempted to do a workout but am already showered and dressed for school.  My house is already clean (mad cleaning day yesterday!!)  I could catch up on some correcting, but I am against doing anything school-related on snow days!!  :)  So, I think I will finally decorate the house, make some ornaments, and maybe watch a little morning TV.  Even as an adult I love snow days!
What do you do when you find yourself with a rare block of free time?

12 comments:

  1. I love snow days!!...just not in June! Living on the coast we rarely get snow days especially in the district I work in which is all on the ocean! Usually on an extra block of time I blog...safe bet since you were already showered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOh, I would trade you a snow day for a day on the coast!!!!

      Delete
  2. wow what a treat to get a little snow day time! I wish I could get that sometimes, but snow or not surgery times always start at 7:20.

    I use extra time to read or blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling we will have many snow days this year - first one in December??? Maybe a pattern!
      No snow days for you, but we all thank you for keeping our surgeries scheduled :)

      Delete
  3. Ugh- we never get snow days/late starts here. When I find a few unexpected free hours, I usually am folding clothes or playing a game with the kiddos- they are really in to playing board games these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Board games are great! Do they have any favorites? My family is doing a board game tourney at our Christmas gathering!

      Delete
  4. I'm embarrassed to say that as a kid, I was SO stoked when we learned (from the radio...hello 1990) that school was closed due to flooding. Our house was nice and cozy atop a hill, but of course businesses were getting serious damage. And I was like YAY, NO SCHOOL! I HOPE IT FLOODS ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny!!!! Kids are still like that!!!!
      The radio thing - these days kids with phone receive a text message from the school district telling them there is a snow day!!!

      Delete
  5. I think I like snow days better than the kid...don'ta ll teachers?

    my kids go mad crazy with sleigh riding and snow boarding...so I spend the whole time drying wet, cold clothes, making fires and hot chocolate, wiping up wet, cold floors, and then starting the whole process over again when they go back out...I'm going with then next time ;)

    No snow yet this way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Never disturb a teenager who is sleeping" very wise words, indeed!

    They cancel school here when it snows 1/2 inch! LOL this happens twice a year and is a huge reason for all the kids to celebrate and pull out their snow gear :)
    We will make a trip to some real snow (2 hours away) this winter as my son has been requesting an ice fishing trip. Not sure I am excited about the fishing or the ice part yet! But he will love it.

    ReplyDelete