Friday, March 23, 2012

Breaking Up

Sometimes life gets in the way of running - I hate that when that happens!  (kidding)  My daughter is celebrating turning 11 today and is having a sleepover.  So, I have to give up my long run tomorrow - poor me!  I will still get the miles in, but will do it in two segments.  My first one will be two hours starting at 5 am with my best running friends and I am looking forward to that!!  Then I will head home and whip up a delicious breakfast for the little girlies - cinnnamon rolls straight from the carton and into my oven!  After I deliver the sleep-deprived girls to their homes I plan to head out for two more hours. I am actually really excited about "breaking up" the long run!  My long runs have been incredibly long lately - I am getting to the longest mileage phase right now in my ultra training!!  Sometimes 4 hours on the feet can be exhausting - more mentally than physically.  SO, I think I will perhaps be fresher for the second two hours.  I hope.  The weather in MN is absolutely gorgeous right now - 70s all week,  We NEVER have that until May!  I am really looking forward to the runs tomorrow!!
 
Happy Birthday, Errin!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Errin...you are too cute!!!

    but...I want to know how you have the energy to get up at 5 am to run, when girls are in your house sleeping over????

    superwoman???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so funny! ok...what kind of pain are you having? you mentioned groin pain and abdomen pain? Is the abdomen pain really deep?

      When I started having real deep sharp groin pain...unfortunately that is when the mri showd the laberal tear and the impingments...but, the pain had been building up over time...like months and months before I got it checked out.

      This psoas pain is connected to the surgery/recovery, but can happen to anybody I guess. I have alot of tightness in my lower back, extending aroung the outer pelvic hip pointer and then into my lower ab and down into the groin/hip flexor. apparently this muscle is huge and wraps itself around the body like that...and then attaches at the outer thigh.

      does any of this make any sense?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for taking the time to give me this info. I feel all that tightness in outer pelvis through hips and down into groin. Also in the abs. But not in the back. It gets worse as I run. It eases up when I take a couple of days off. FRUSTRATING! I don't have the range of motion I should have. Going to see another doc on Tues - I figured I could go see a doc while mom is in surgery. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Great idea, althought I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around running for 4+hours on a long run. I think the most improtant thing is that you completed your run goals and maintained a super mom status at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about super mom but the girls sure had fun!!!

      Delete
  3. LOL, I tend to get up extra early (or do I ever get to sleep in the first place) and take the run anyways on sleepover mornings, usually they're still asleep when I get home!
    Hope she had a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you - get up early and get it done while everyone is sleeping! Good idea to break it up to fit it all in. Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture!!
    And, I'm loving this awesome running weather :)

    ReplyDelete