Saturday, December 31, 2011

Can I Get a Whoot Whoot?!

     I admit that I was nervous about today's run.  It was an 18 miler.  I have done plenty of those, so I don't know why I was so worked up.  I slept well last night, rolled out of bed with plenty of time to stretch, and made my way to meet my friends.  It was a nice, easy pace and we covered Mankato pretty well!  My abs felt tight and that always leads to some tightness in the hips.  The good thing is that it never got worse! Around mile 14 my stomach started to slosh - annoying for my running partners, I would think. For me it is a sign that I am getting hungry. We continued to pick our way over ice patches and dart the occasional car.  Well, the time passed quickly and 2 1/2 hours later we were done!  FYI - chocolate milk after a run is the best!!
     So, this milestone is completed.  I looked at my plan for the month of January - I have some pretty big runs coming up.  Next week is a recovery week and it is perfect timing - my holiday break is almost over and I will be back with my 5th graders. It will be nice to relax my running schedule.  Then the plan really ramps it up - mileage for the next few Saturdays (and all are followed with a Sunday run of considerable mileage) 23, 24, 25, 26, 20 and then the plan switches to hours.  I can do this!  I CAN do this!
     **I get to get a few more miles in tonight - 5K Resolution Run!  No PR tonight - just a fun run with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment